“Seperia turned Google Analytics into a core measurement and optimization platform of our e-commerce website. It now provides executives as well as our operational team with easy access to actionable information and helps us increase our website’s conversion rates.”
Walla!Shops - Advanced Google Analytics
Walla!Shops is Israel’s largest e-tailer, with Millions of visits a month. Walla!Shops offers auctions, group and personal sales, from a range of over 20 different product categories, from books and musical instruments, through computers, electronics and sports equipment. The company also operates other services such as printed photo albums production, Daily Deal (coupons) , online travel agency and more.
Walla!Shops needed to better understand how web visitors interacted with its e-commerce platform, and identify where adjustments could be made to improve the experience for users and thus conversion rates. Specifically:
- Gain in-depth understanding of the effectiveness and weak spots of the purchase funnel and registration process.
- Help category managers organize and optimize their inventory using Google analytics, with confidence in data accuracy.
- Help executives get a thorough picture of website performance on daily & weekly levels and stay informed on Key Performance Indicators.
- Basic Google Analytics implementation returned false data. Structural issues in the site distorted data accuracy.
- The Walla!Shops domain structure presented considerable challenges for obtaining and filtering the data. It contains in-fact 3 mini-sites; the virtual mall, photo albums production and the Daily Deal (coupons) – all under a single domain.
- Goal conversions occurred on multiple parallel pages, further obscuring the data collection.
- After an in-depth audit, Seperia implemented advanced analytics through code programming in the site, using Google Tag Manager. The parameters were added in the code with no interruption to the clients’ web developer and no change to the user interface.
- The new framework aggregated registration data from different URLs and provided a clear view of all sales funnels.
- Implementation of advanced segmentation and custom variables, to identify new and returning visitors, analyze their behavior and enable optimization of user experience separately for each group.
- Implementation of advanced modules such as e-commerce, advanced dashboards and alerts through Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics was established as the primary and unified source of the data, trusted by users across the organizations.
- Accurate measurement of the various components of the shopping experience, allowed us to recommend practical improvements, such as simplifying registration and checkout process, which decreased cart abandonment and increased conversion rate.
- Enabled comparison of Personal sales vs. Group sales and improvement of low performing components through A/B testing.
- Created executive dashboards for easy on-going review.
- Overall, Google Analytics is used now in both operational and executive levels, allowing the organization quick access to critical business data, enabling better decision making.