Is SEO for you?
Here are some tips for those considering to join the SEO industry:
- For me one of the best things about SEO is that it is probably one of the most versatile types of work there are. Every website brings with it a whole new world for you to explore, and even if you think you’ll be doing pretty much the same thing, it will be completely different since the settings and market you are working on have completely changed.
- In SEO you can’t have a one track mind, you need to think outside the box in order to find new ways to improve rankings and enhance traffic and conversions. For example some websites may target a small niche, which means there is not that much search volume for the related keywords. On the one hand it may be easy to get ahead in rankings, but it won’t necessarily bring you much traffic. In such cases you need to be creative and try to find new ways to reach the targeted customers.
- SEO is an ever changing field, what was relevant a year ago might not be relevant today. That’s why you need to read and get updated all the time, it really helps to have a curious mind. If you find yourself interested in what you read in blogs and forums that’s a pretty good start.
- One of the tips I would give for someone working in SEO is to try not to take things too personally. Rankings are constantly changing, and you can’t always control what will happen. Sometimes you need to learn to take things easy and wait.
- SEO works in many different paths, a lot of times you need to integrate all the different types of work you are doing. It’s important to keep a balance between all the tasks and know how to work on different things simultaneously, It is part of what makes SEO interesting but it also makes it more challenging. For example, after finishing your keyword research, you cannot just put it behind you, you always need to think whether you’re targeting the right words and refine your strategy, even while working on completely different issues.
If after reading those tips you wish to join the industry, we invite you to apply for Seperia’s SEO intern opening